Skip to main content

Just shoot me

I had another morning meeting, but at least this one was more interesting. It was about active shooter situations. I didn't get bacon, but I got a surprisingly good yogurt. And coffee.

The lessons were for HR professionals to establish policies and train their employees for active shooter situations. Our office is wide open with no hiding places, a glass front and in an industry that pisses people off on a daily basis. And our HR office is located several states away and has no concern for its employees.

We're screwed.

***

It's Friday evening and I'm home and cozy and out of the cold, wet, icky outness out there. But I'm hungry. No problem. My 17-year-old daughter has a life - meaning she's out. So I texted her to bring home sushi.

Parents, don't miss out on the opportunity to take full advantage of your children. (If you feel the slightest bit guilty, just remember those nights you had to run out to the only store that was open at 10 p.m. on a Thursday night to buy a poster board for the project they just remembered was due the next day.)

***
I'm getting a glass of wine and waiting for my sushi.

"Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator - and vanished! He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so, Dr. Beckett finds himself, leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping, each time, that his next leap WILL BE THE LEAP HOME!"

Oh, and I'm binge-watching Quantum Leap on Netflix.

Comments