Skip to main content

New job, et al

Updates: been dating a guy since February but we've been keeping it on the DL because he's a rather prominent citizen/had crappy relationships before and wants to be sure/was thinking about (and eventually did) hiring me to work for him/blah blah blah.

Anyway, he gave me a new job, which pays way better than my last job as a reporter. I'm working as HR admin for the major nonprofit of which he happens to be the CEO. Good idea to be dating the boss? Maybe, maybe not. But I see him less now than I did before I started working for him.

The folks at work of course have NO idea of our relationship. They do know that we've known each other for years courtesy of my previous life as a reporter. That extent of our relationship seems to have little effect on them, for while they're all very nice to me, they also come off as a bit ... well, disrespectful? Dismissive? I don't know, but it's a rather patronizing vibe. I'm used to being the one who knows everything about everything so the one all my coworkers turn to. Now, it's like every comment is somehow a dismissive little pat on the head and sending on my way.

I, of course by my nature, have been unable to put a lid on my ideas for the place, because I'm always full of ideas for improvement and I can't just not say anything. I've been observing that my ideas are being implemented, but without a word to me. I don't know if I'm pleased that someone's finding my ideas good enough to actually put into practice, or if I'm ROYALLY PISSED OFF that someone else is stealing/taking credit for my ideas. The boss/my bf seems to have no idea that I was the one who initiated all these great new ideas his staff is suddenly coming up with. The boss/my bf is barely speaking to me, in what is probably overcompensation for the fact that he doesn't want people to pick up on our relationship.

Pretty sure they won't anyway. Seriously, no one is ever guessing that the two of us are a thing.

Comments