Skip to main content

Knock, knock

All day, every day. Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.

That's my neighbor with a hammer.

I live in a townhouse. These are rentals. We're not allowed to hang things on the wall. You've been at this long enough to have built furniture for the whole town.

What the HELL are you hammering at every frickin' day?

***

Note to Discover Card: I sent you that "preapproved" credit application, and you sent me back a denial because my job pays shit. Ok. I let it go. Chase was fine with me, and I've paid every bill on time or early.

So, Discover, you can just STOP sending me more credit offers! You missed your chance, and I've moved on. Get over it.

***

I've been rewatching Girlfriends. I remember loving this show.

Now, I see it's about a so-called strong and independent woman whose only purpose in life is to get a man. Then keep a man. Then get married.

I have two daughters. I tell them, "DON'T EVER BE THIS WOMAN."

Live your life. Love your life. Embrace your life. Enjoy your life. If a man comes along who can enhance your life, you can choose to let him in. But always remember, a man does not make your life complete. YOU make your life complete.

Comments