Skip to main content

I tried

I felt no great desire to go to work today after finally getting a little bit of a break. But I tried anyway.
I got up and got dressed. I felt as though my body was radiating enough heat to stave off any winter conditions in this hemisphere, but I kept going.

I dragged myself into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth, only to vomit into the sink mid-brushstroke. (I REALLY hate that.) Still, I kept going.

I rinsed my mouth, washed my face and started putting on my makeup. My head started swirling. Everything went black. I reached behind me for the wall and slowly slid down until I was sitting on the bathroom floor.

Forget it. Not happening.

I sent a text to my boss, pulled off my work clothes, climbed back into bed, and slept for another six hours straight.

Comments