Skip to main content

Derma E Hydrating Night Creme

I've seen a lot of beauty magazines that say a night cream is really no different from a day cream, but Derma E Hydrating Night Creme is definitely something you want to use at night.

This item in my January Allure Beauty Box is the kind of product that makes me so glad I subscribe. I get so many premium-size samples like this that I barely have to go out and buy any full-size products anymore. They also allow me to really get a feel for a product before I spend money on a full-size container.

This night cream has a thick, luxurious texture that feels great going on at the end of a long day after cleansing. It's especially welcome on my dry, taut, winter skin.

After applying, I got a little nervous, as it felt like there was definitely a coating on top of my skin (which is why you wouldn't want to use it for day). But I kept it on overnight and woke up to find it fully absorbed and my skin feeling much fresher and plumper in the morning than it has in quite a while.

My skin can get a little sensitive, especially in winter, but I didn't notice any reddening, stinging or breakouts, and the hydration felt like it held on throughout the following day after using it the night before.

Grade: A- (you'll want to use it an hour or so before bed to protect your pillow)

Here's what the Allure editors had to say about it:

What it is: A rich face bream

What it does: Intensely moisturizes without making skin feel smothered.

How it looks/feels/smells: This cream has the consistency of a lotion and a faint scent of fresh apricots.

Key ingredients: Glycerin, hyaluronic acid, vitamins A and E, panthenol, and aloe (moisturize); vitamin C (antioxidant)

Why we like it: Not all heroes wear capes. (Though frankly, we'd kind of love it if this jar of cream had a tiny costume.) This all-star formula is filled with supermoisturizers that sink right into parched skin and provide excellent plumping. One acre-prone tester was also pleasantly surprised to find that her skin looked less red and irritated after just a few days of use, and - big sight of relief - she had no new breakouts afterward.

Price: $29.50 for 2 ounces

Where to buy it: Dermae.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just shoot me

I had another morning meeting, but at least this one was more interesting. It was about active shooter situations. I didn't get bacon, but I got a surprisingly good yogurt. And coffee. The lessons were for HR professionals to establish policies and train their employees for active shooter situations. Our office is wide open with no hiding places, a glass front and in an industry that pisses people off on a daily basis. And our HR office is located several states away and has no concern for its employees. We're screwed. *** It's Friday evening and I'm home and cozy and out of the cold, wet, icky outness out there. But I'm hungry. No problem. My 17-year-old daughter has a life - meaning she's out. So I texted her to bring home sushi. Parents, don't miss out on the opportunity to take full advantage of your children. (If you feel the slightest bit guilty, just remember those nights you had to run out to the only store that was open at 10 p.m. on a Thu...

Knock, knock

All day, every day. Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock. That's my neighbor with a hammer. I live in a townhouse. These are rentals. We're not allowed to hang things on the wall. You've been at this long enough to have built furniture for the whole town. What the HELL are you hammering at every frickin' day? *** Note to Discover Card: I sent you that "preapproved" credit application, and you sent me back a denial because my job pays shit. Ok. I let it go. Chase was fine with me, and I've paid every bill on time or early. So, Discover, you can just STOP sending me more credit offers! You missed your chance, and I've moved on. Get over it. *** I've been rewatching Girlfriends. I remember loving this show. Now, I see it's about a so-called strong and independent woman whose only purpose in life is to get a man. Then keep a man. Then get married. I have two daughters. I tell them, "DON'T EVER BE THIS WOMAN." Live y...